This peach cobbler recipe is a true classic for summer parties and family gatherings. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate deliciousness!
5 pounds sliced peaches
5 pounds sliced peaches
Peaches should be ripe and firm. They can be peeled or unpeeled, but you’ll need to cut them into wedges first.
1 1/2 cup sugar
Sugar is a sweetener, and it can be found in many different foods. It is made from sugar cane, sugar beets, and sugar maple trees. Sugar can be used to make candy or baked goods like cakes.
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Cinnamon is a spice made from the bark of the cinnamon tree. Cinnamon has been used since ancient times, and it is a common ingredient in many foods, desserts, beverages and some savory dishes. Cinnamon has a sweet and spicy flavor that adds depth to your cooking!
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Nutmeg is a spice that adds a sweet, nutty flavor to baked goods. In addition to giving your food an extra kick, nutmeg also contains several vitamins and minerals. It’s high in manganese, vitamin B6 and magnesium—all of which are important for maintaining healthy skin, hair, muscles and nerves.
1/4 teaspoon salt
A salt is a mineral, and like any mineral, it has many uses.
- The most common use of salt is as a flavor enhancer.
- Salt also preserves food by preventing bacteria from growing on it.
- 2 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed into small pieces.
In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar and salt together. Add the baking powder and mix thoroughly with a whisk. In a separate bowl combine the buttermilk and egg together add to dry ingredients along with cold butter cubes and mix until just combined being careful not to over mix it will result in tough cobbler topping. Pour this onto your hot fruit mixture (see next step) then sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and place on top rack at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes until browned on top serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream!
Serve this recipe fresh from the oven with ice cream.
Serve this recipe fresh from the oven with ice cream. If you want to take it up a notch, top it with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream for an extra-special treat.
Now that you know how to make this delicious dessert, it’s time to share with all your friends and family. You can even serve them some at a backyard barbecue!
Homemade Peach Cobbler
- 5 Ibs. peaches about 13 medium peaches
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Prepare peaches by peeling and slicing into thin pieces. You need about 9 cups.
- Top peached with sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir the mixture and add to a greased 9 x 13 pan. Set aside
- In a separate bowl add flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, mix egg and buttermilk. Mix with dry mixture.
- Sprinkle cobbler topping on top of the peaches and chop butter into 1/2 in pieces. Scatter on top of flour mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 45 – 55 minutes.