If you love peach cobbler and bourbon, then you’ve found a new favorite summer treat! Peach crumble bars are the perfect dessert for any occasion. And yes, if you’re looking for a boozy treat, these definitely deliver! But feel free to use any fruit filling and get the same delicious results.
For the Crust:
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, butter, white sugar, brown sugar and salt until crumbly. In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon and 1/4 cup of water until well combined. Pour the cinnamon mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Press firmly into a greased 13-by-9 inch baking pan or line your chosen container with parchment paper so that it overhangs on two sides (make sure to leave enough room on top for later). Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown (check after 15). For an extra tasty crust: sprinkle some coarsely chopped pecans over before baking!
For the Filling:
- 18 ounces Drunk’n Peach Jam or other fruit preserves
- Add to crust ingredients in a bowl, stir together until well-combined
To Assemble and Bake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until crumbly, then press into a 9×13 pan (about 1/4 inch thick). Bake for 10 minutes then set aside to cool slightly while you prepare the filling.
- Pour filling over cooled crust and return baking dish to oven for an additional 45 minutes until completely set around edges but still very soft in center (you want it warm enough that those peaches are just barely cooked through). Let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares!
Serve with ice cream.
Serve with whipped cream.
Serve with vanilla bean ice cream or peach ice cream, or both!
Perfect dessert for a summer barbeque. Sure to please!
Summer is the perfect time to grill up some meat and have a festive get-together with friends, so why not make these Drunk’n Peach Crumble Bars to share? They’ll be sure to please! I love how easy they are to make, all you need is a few fresh peaches, some butter and sugar and your favorite cookie dough. If you want something even more impressive, serve it up on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!
Now that you know how to make these amazing Drunk’n Peach Crumble Bars, I hope to see tons of you taking full advantage of peach season! You can make them vegan or non-vegan, but either way they are sure to impress. So get baking and share your results on social media using the hashtag #HoneyMesquiteKitchen so we can see what deliciousness you come up with.
Drunk’n Peach Crumble Bars
- 4 cups flour
- 3 sticks butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 18 oz Drunk'n Peach Jam
- Combine the flour, white sugar, brown sugar and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cut the room temperature butter into the flour mixture until you have coarse crumbs. (I started cutting the butter into the flour with a pastry blender and finished cutting it in with my fingers. Rubbing the mixture between my fingers and thumbs.)
- Remove 1 cup of crumbs from the large bowl of crumbs, place the one cup of crumbs in another large bowl,add the cinnamon to it, stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan. Place half the large batch of crumbs (about 4 cups) into the baking pan. Press onto the bottom of the baking pan to make a solid layer. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Take the baking pan from the oven, place the jam on top of the baked bottom layer. Sprinkle with the remaining 4 cups of crumbs. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden brown and apples are tender.